Sunday 3 November 2013

Review: Estée Lauder Doublewear

I have many a good thing to say about this foundation, and we might be here a while if i really get to the nitty gritty, so I won't waste your highly valued reading time with an introduction and will go straight ahead with it; here is my review of Estée Lauder's Double Wear foundation.

Throughout the colder months I wear the shade 2C1 Pure Beige. As the weather gets warmer I'll mix Pure Beige half and half with 3N1 Ivory Beige. In Summer if I still wear such a full coverage foundation and I have more of a tan, I'll wear just Ivory Beige on its own. Both shades are clearly beige to a certain extent, however Pure Beige is cool toned and Ivory Beige is neutral toned. 

My skin naturally has a quite a pink undertone, however because this foundation has such high coverage, I find wearing warmer tones suits my hair and eyes a lot better and I can get away with it as long as I blend well. Even though both shades have been placed under different categories, if I had to judge I definitely wouldn't label them as the tones they're said to be and would class them as more warm.

The coverage of this foundation is crazy. It covers every flaw on your face without concealer and yet at the same time you can still blend it to stay looking natural. I've been using this foundation for a solid two years now, and still being a teenager and wanting to try new things, thats definitely a long time to stick to something religiously. I've never experienced anything such as acne or severe breakouts as of yet, (touch wood thats how it will stay) but throughout my first teenage years I definitely was subject to the the odd spot or hormonal breakout as my skin and hormones were changing, and I can honestly say this foundation was a life saver back then as it still is today.

If you have dry or sensitive skin you might need to look into Doublewear Light before going full steam ahead for the original Doublewear, as this foundation is really quite  heavy and I have known it to break people out or highlight any dry patches if it doesn't agree with their skin. With that in mind for my skin personally, (normal/combination) considering how heavy this foundation is it doesn't necessarily feel it on the face. 

The only thing I would highlight to be weary of would be to make sure that you don't over do it, and to make sure that you're incredibly careful when reapplying or touching up because this foundation doesn't build very well and is very much one for caking. On that note however, that does mean that with one full face application the staying power is incredible, you could apply it in the morning and it would still stay just as perfect 10 hours later (therefore being the perfect party/nightout/busy day foundation).

I have tried endless amounts of different foundations, drugstore and high end, and every time either through choice or fate, I ALWAYS end up running back arms wide open towards this little gem. 

If you have any questions or a comment in general, please comment, I'd love to get some feedback!

I hope this post hasn't been too tiring or lengthy, if so I am sorry, it was just something I had to rave about. 

Thanks for reading, Jas :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment